Save the STAR and Community Links Services
We are suffering huge attacks on our services and jobs because of government cuts which the Council seems to be intent on just passing on to us and service users. We need to start fighting these attacks before our services are completely destroyed.
Two of the latest attacks we know of are plans to decommission the Mental Health Support Time Recovery (STaR) service and Community Links. This follows hard on the heels of the decommissioning of the Physical Disability team. These services are part of the Adult Care part of People’s Directorate.
The STaR service provides vital support in the community to vulnerable adults with mental health problems in order to support them to become independent and move on with their lives. This not only helps the individuals concerned to lead more fulfilling lives but means they are less likely to relapse and go into crisis.
The Community Links service provides support to older adults in the community to help promote and maintain their independence and prevent or delay the time when they may need costly long term and residential care.
Time To Fight Back!
Members in the STaR and Community Links teams are determined to fight for our services. Join us by :
Download File Download File
- Signing the petition online at 38 degrees and passing it on to everyone you know:
- Distributing the leaflet
- Taking a paper copy of the petition around people who don't have access to the 38 Degrees one (family, friends, colleagues, shops, bus stops!)
- Writing to your Councillors and going to their surgeries
- Completing the BCC online consultation over the Council's Green paper and come to the Budget Consultation events in December
- Joining us on the lobby where cuts decisions will be made. Time & date TBA