Labour manifesto backs workers
Labour has launched its' manifesto today ( 16/05/17) and it contains some commitments on workers rights and conditions
Some key lines from the manifesto:
- Zero hours contracts will be banned to guarantee workers a "number of hours each week"
- Maximum pay ratios of 20:1 to be rolled out in public sector
- Four new public holidays to mark national patron saints' days
- Raise minimum wage to "at least £10 per hour by 2020"
- Ban unpaid internships
- "Clamp down on bogus self-employment" and extend rights of employees to all workers - including shared parental pay
Jeremy Corbyn has also stated that he would repeal the recent Trade Union Act.
> You can read the manifesto by clicking on this link