Courses in October and November
UNISON Birmingham Branch
25 years of Learning at Work
UNISON Birmingham Branch will be offering the following training workshops , which are open to all:-
Tuesday 16th October 2018 1.30-4.00 Facing Change/Planning Retirement
Wednesday 17th October 2018 1.30-4.00 Interview Skills
Monday 22nd October 2 018 1.30 – 4.00Personal Wellbeing Workshop
Tuesday 23rd October 2018 1.30 – 4.00 Disability Awareness Workshop
Monday 29th October 2018 1.30 – 4.00 Autism Awareness Workshop
Friday 2nd November 2018 1.30 – 4.00 Creative Writing Workshop
Friday 23th November 2018 1.30-4.00 Dementia Awareness Workshop
Thursday 29th November2018 1.30-4.00 Interview Skills
Friday 30th November 2018 1.30 – 4.00 Stress Management Workshop
All workshops will be held at the :-
UNISON Birmingham Branch Office,
19th Floor, McLaren Building,
46 Priory Queensway,
Birmingham B4 7LF
These workshops are open to all staff members, who need to arrange time off to attend if appropriate.
If you wish to attend any of the above workshops please complete the LEARNING WORKSHOPS form BELOW and return to :-
Donald McCombie Union Learning Fund Co-ordinator or Charlie Friel Branch Education Officer at the above address.
You may wish to call Donald McCombie on 0121 200 3331 / 07584707253 for further details.
In addition at Regional Unison (Birmingham) there are a number of courses open to all members which are being run.
- 073- Internet and Email- 9th October to 23rd October (3 Tuesday Afternoons)
- 075- Get that Job (Job Search Skills)- Rescheduled to 30th November
- 076- Work/Life Balance- 23rd October
- 077- Microsoft Word- 7th November- 21st November (3 Wednesday Afternoons)
- 078- Managing Stress in the Workplace- 9th November
- 079- Introduction to Excel and Spreadsheets- 28th November- 12th December (3 Wednesday Afternoons)
- 075- Get that Job (Job Search Skills)- 30th November
Courses for activists
- 045- Dealing with a Grievance- 5th and 6th November
- 046- Union Equality Reps- 5th November- 3rd December (5 Mondays)
- 048- Dealing with a Disciplinary- 8th and 9th November
- 024- Branch International Officer Training- 26th and 27th November
- 049- Advanced Negotiating Skills- 28th, 29th and 30th November
Run at Regional HQ in Birmingham city centre.
Places on the courses can be booked by completing the attached forms and returning them to Charlie Freil email@example.com for authorisation.
Copies are also available in the Education & Training Display area in branch reception and places can also be booked online here. http://www.learninunisonwm.org.uk/courses If you haven’t already done so, you’ll need to register first but this only takes a few minutes and is quicker if you have your UNISON membership number to hand.
**Please note that if you book a place on any of these courses and then subsequently cannot attend you must inform regional office as soon a possible as failure to do so means we may incur a charge**
Download internet and e-mail File Download managing behaviour- for school support staff File Download get that job File Download work life balance File Download Learning Workshops October 2018 File Download Dealing with a Grievance Case File Download Union equality reps File Download dealing with a disciplinary case File Download advanced negotiating skills File Download BIRO training File Download microsoft word File Download managing stress in the workplace File Download introduction to excel and spreadsheets File Download get that job File Download learning workshops November 2018 File